Saturday 25 September 2010

Feeling revived!

This afternoon, I had a bath and then fell asleep on my bed for a good hour - and I do feel a lot better! I didn't feel too tired this morning at gymnastics, but when the YFG and I had had a quick trip around Tesco and then had a cup of tea when I got home, I was beginning to wane!

We have the woodburner alight tonight for the first time since the summer. The lounge is nice and cosy, and the gang are all sitting around, watching Michael MacIntyre - he is a hilarious comic, and he very rarely swears or says anything terribly rude, but he IS just funny in himself somehow.

We have loads of fire wood for the winter, and probably next winter too. I have been reading a website which predicts another cold winter like last year, with considerable snowfall again. It's here and is very interesting: the thermohaline current which drives the gulf stream is waning badly - and there are satellite images which show that on the blog. The influx of fresh water from the melting ice at the pole is not helping, and the whole lot adds up to cooling for us here! Global warming IS happening, but the by-product of it for us seems to be that we may get chillier.

Chicken-poo shovelling is on the agenda tomorrow, so I had better go to bed!

2 comments:

Living the frugal life in France said...

I ahve just done the same thing. aTE LUNCH THEN CAME OVER ALL TIRED SO SLOPED OFF TO BED FOR AN HOUR. NOW FEEL MUCH BETTER AND READY TO RETACKLE CLEANING MY KITCHEN CUPBOARDS

Morgan said...

Lovely to have you visiting! I'm making Froog's mincemeat this afternoon - a lovely rainy-afternoon project. It is feeling very autumnal here now - the fire is alight, the mincemeat is in the slow cooker, and we are hunkering down for the night already!