Wednesday 2 March 2011

Tuesday torment!

I cursed modern technology yesterday and was rather angry with myself too! I spent a good hour and a half on a Word document which ran to several pages - I have to prepare an Applicants' Pack for the Headteacher vacancy at the school. It will be printed and comb bound as a booklet, so it will be quite thick.....and with just one click of the mouse in the wrong place, I lost the lot yesterday afternoon. I hadn't saved it whilst I was working on it, and despite another hour's attempts to recover it, it has gone........and so I will have to do it all again, hopefully today.

That put me in a bad temper, I am afraid, and I wasn't really in the mood to go and be nice to a load of little girls at gymnastics, but as is always the case, once I got there, I was able to focus on the gym and forget the rest of the world and its troubles - and I was soon fine again!

One thing I have got to refocus on again is MONEY!! We are not poverty stricken, we are not on the breadline, but we do have to be careful to make the best use of every pound that we get our hands on - and what with the rising prices in all sorts of areas, it is beginning to feel like the money is slipping through our fingers too quickly. I am not going to say that I don't know where it is going, because I do, but I feel that it is moving through the system too quickly - it seems that no sooner do I fill the car with petrol than I am having to go back for more, and it is the same in other areas - the weekly shop is costing more each week, it seems, and I really want to stop and get a hold of all of this before it escalates. Thinking cap on again!!

3 comments:

Wannabe Sybil said...

Hugs - I know computer rage, I know it well. And it is never as good the second time round. But remembering to save when you are in the flow is impossible. There is an auto recover function on my copy of word - maybe you can rummage to enable that. And lots and lots and lots of hugs, because all the nice words don't get the stuff back. WS x

(Also, money is so worrying at the moment!)

Varis Creations said...

oh fen mum I know how you feel - I have spent the last 2 days trying to communicate with our webhosting company in the US trying to renew one of my domains (without success) frustration frustration frustration!!! That coupled with a miserable cold and a trip to see the paediatrician with Cam has left me feeling decidedly jaded!!

Problem sorted now thank goodness so hoping to have a quieter day tomorrow (touch wood) the last couple of weeks seem to have been one thing after another. On the plus side I have finally managed to get the doctor to agree to do some genetic tests on Cam to find out once and for all what is going on - its only taken 12 years!! I feel a bottle of wine beckoning....

Morgan said...

Thank you both for your kind words - glad to know in a way that I am not alone with my frustrating situations!!