Sunday 26 June 2011

Not such a great weekend

Saturday morning went fine, and we stayed an extra hour at the gym to give the competition girls a little longer to work on their routines and vaults for the comp next Saturday. We got home about 2.20pm, and had a drink, got changed and started to get ready to go out again, as the EFG has some trousers that need turning up, and she needs another pair of school trousers, when I was hit with the most appalling stomach pains. I was in agony, didn't know which end would explode first, and was just doubled over in pain. The sweat was pouring off me, I was dizzy and couldn't see...and the FH had gone out! The YFG was looking after me, and I told her at one stage that if I fainted, she should get help!! The pains kept coming for the best part of an hour, and then gradually began to subside, with no explosions happening at all. I fell asleep after that, and mostly stayed asleep until about 10am this morning.

Today I didn't do much at all to start with. The EFG dealt with the washing, and fed the chooks, whilst the FH went to chapel. Then he and the YFG nipped up to the local car boot sale, where I hoped that they would be able to buy some fruit and veg. The person selling it wasn't there by the time they found his usual plot, so we think he left early. That meant that I had to gather my energies and go to the shops. The FH drove us, and I managed to walk around by holding on to the trolley and feeling about 80!

Tonight, now that it has cooled down, I have done a little more outside - picked the red gooseberries, hung out more washing, watered the greenhouse and the beans, cleaned out the chicks, etc, so I am feeling a lot better than I was, but I can do without episodes like that, thank you very much!!

4 comments:

Wannabe Sybil said...

Hugs!!!! Hope you feel better soon WS x

The Squirrel Family said...

there is nasty tummy bug doing the rounds . hope you feel better soon

Lesley said...

Sounds nasty - hope you continue to improve.

Kim @ Him, Him Me said...

Hope You are feeling a lot better now?