Monday 4 July 2011

Feeling better

I can't thank you all enough for all your thoughts and prayers and virtual hugs. It means a lot to me to know that people I don't know in real life are caring enough to think about me like that. Thank you.

So, how am I? Mostly up, sometimes a bit down. More up than down, and feeling a little more energised this week, so let's hope it lasts.

Cheerful news - there is another hatch coming off in the incubator :-) The first chick has hatched already and I am sure that there will be more. They should all be GPOs, but the chickens have been doing a touch of wife swapping, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few cross breeds in the hatch this time. Must get the wire repaired!

I have bought some Light Sussex and some Barred Plymouth Rock eggs from sellers on eBay so that the incubator can be refilled after this hatch. There will be 24 eggs altogether so the incubator will be full - and it will be the last run for this season, I think.

That GPO hen that went broody didn't get to sit properly, but she is still sitting in the nestbox. She hasn't got any eggs, and she wouldn't have been a good broody as she is moving from one nestbox to another and frequently sits on nothing.....

The Copper Marans are up to 9 eggs today from the dozen of them, so I am very pleased, and the egg numbers in general are up to about 23 a day! I have been lucky today and sold 4 dozen eggs to friends and neighbours, so that is a bag of feed paid for.

The EFG is on work experience this week - early starts - better go to bed now! Will tell you about that another day.

1 comment:

Kim @ Him, Him Me said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling a lot better.
Hope the hatchings go to plan