Friday 19 August 2011

Autumn is coming!

There was a definite nip in the air this morning and there was condensation on some of the windows too. What with the pickle and chutney making, we are thinking about getting snuggled in for winter.

I am considering my storecupboards and the loo roll situation, and thinking about what we need to stock up on. I am pretty well convinced that we are in for another really cold and snowy winter, so I want to be prepared. I'll sort out a big list of all the stuff I need to do and then you can let me know if you can think of anything I have forgotten! Living out here in the sticks means that I really prefer to avoid driving when there is a lot of snow on the ground - heck, I prefer to avoid driving if there is ANY snow in sight!! Bit chicken of me, but better safe than sorry - my worst nightmare is going out when all is well and then having to drive home through heavy snow, as that happened to me one dark night in Fife, and I was petrified to have to drive home alone.

I'm off for an early-ish night tonight as I am so tired. Toodle pip!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck with your list.


Sft x