Tuesday 9 August 2011

London's Burning

I cannot say how sad and upset it has made me feel these past couple of days to see this mindless violence and lawlessness which has blighted some of our major cities, beginning in London. I feel ashamed and totally saddened to be part of a society bringing up young adults to behave in this way and I do think that parenting skills in this country need a lot of development and support. Society has changed an awful lot in the past generation or two, and I believed this sort of thing to be a relic of the past, of things like the miners' strike and that winter of discontent that people talk about. My heart goes out to people whose lives and businesses, homes and families have been blighted or even destroyed over the past few days by people with no respect for others. It is disgusting!

No comments: