Friday 2 September 2011

The week that was

I can't believe how fast this week has gone past!

Yesterday I did manage to take the girls and our two friends, S and K, to Wimpole Hall and Home Farm. Despite the weather forecasters predicting grey cloud for the day, the sun shone bright and clear and there was hardly a cloud in the sky all day - it was fantastic weather for the summer we haven't had!

We started off at Wimpole in the house, and had a good wander around there for about 90 minutes, enjoying all the old things and historical atmosphere. It was S and K's first visit, and they both said how much they liked it. It was interesting to see how much had changed since we were last there in 2008.

After that, we walked up to the Farm, a good ten minutes' walk away. The girls loved the Adventure playground and the Hay Bale maze, enjoyed seeing all the animals, and were very keen on the ice creams!! There was a quick stop off in the National Trust shop before we left where we gathered a couple of small souvenirs of the day. A thoroughly good day was had by all and we were all tired out by the time we got home.

Today we have had a bit of an up and down day - the FH has been out a couple of times, the girls have both been chatting with friends, the weather has been great again and I got a couple of loads of washing dry, but the down sides have been me having an upset stomach for a while, and the YFG having a bit of a moan this afternoon!! She's better now and happier, thank goodness.

I have discovered a new-to-me author, whose name now escapes me, but his first name is Nicolas, and I devoured a book in two days - and there are lots more by him for me to enjoy, so I will be looking out for them in the library soon.

Now I am going to see if I can sort out some photos and edit them into some of these posts! Don't hold your breath, though...

Just a quick edit to say that I have managed to get some photos in there of the wardrobe, some pickle and some fab cake made to Mary Berry's recipe, so it may be worth a quick flick through some of the older entries to catch up on the photos - although there is one of my sore foot you may want to avoid if you are foot-phobic!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're enjoying your reading.

Sft x

Mrs. Mac said...

Nicolas Sparks? Now you have me curious as to the author ;)

Your weather sounds perfect! And all of the outings must have a recharging of the soul purpose. Hope you have a blessed weekend.

Morgan said...

Mrs Mac - you are spot on - that's him! I must find some more of his books in the library next time I am there...really enjoyed the book I read - it was called "Safe haven"