Saturday 15 October 2011

Taking time for me

As I posted months ago, the doctor had recommended taking time to do something just for me, and I am happy to report that I have been doing just that!

I have knitted two pairs of wristwarmers, and I am now knitting a twirly scarf, which is coming on nicely, but may not be ready for this winter! I have to knit a whole 50g ball of wool into it, and there are only 20 stitches on the needle, so I spend as much time turning as I do knitting.

I have also helped to set up a Knit and Natter group at the chapel which meets fortnightly, so I am able to pop in there for an hour or so, turn off from everyday life and sit and knit and chat with friends - and get some help with my knitting if I get stuck! It is lovely, very relaxing and a bit of an oasis of peace when the rest of the week is busy.

I do get some knitting done at home as well, sitting in bed before I go to sleep, and occasionally when there is something good on the tv.

1 comment:

Aurora said...

So pleased to hear you are making some time for yourself, we all need that. I am sure you will feel much better for doing so.