Thursday 21 June 2012

Longest day

The 21st June has indeed been a long day!  The lesson observations and interviewing started at 9am this morning, and I left the school at 6.30pm tonight so even if the day had been gloriously sunny and bright, I wouldn't have seen it anyway, but since it rained pretty much all day I didn't miss much....

We have had a productive day, and thank goodness we were able to make some appointments - I am so relieved.  One of the new teachers is a very bright and bubbly student who should be an NQT in September, and she looks about 14, but she taught a really inspiring lesson and totally captured the children's attention.

Tonight we have had a church meeting and discussed how we are going to start raising this £600 a month.  We agree that it is going to be a challenge, and we are going to do our best to get somewhere towards the target.  An event a month is going to have to be the aim, and we are going to have to work hard to do that.

I would like to compile a little recipe booklet which we can sell at local events as well as selling online as an e-book, so I am going to start thinking about an angle to theme the recipes on and what to call it.  If YOU have any recipes you would allow me to include, I would be very grateful, and I would be glad to include the web address of your blog, if you have one, as well as your name as contributor.  All ideas on themes also welcome - if you are a cookbook freak like me, what sort of cook books appeal to you?  For me, it is a toss up between a good cake and bake book, and a collection of cheap family meals for everyday.

4 comments:

Fay McKenzie said...

If it were me - re the cook book a combination of the two you mentioned would be fab!

If you get short of a few recipes I've more than a few kicking about on my blog or in my noggin which I could actually write down!

Keep up the great work!

Lesley said...

How about family recipes that have been passed down? I'm sure it's been done before, (Hairy Bikers spring to mind), but it could be interesting.

I have too many cookbooks, because I seem to have one or two recipes that I use from each, so I couldn't possibly get rid of any! We have one particular cookbook which has been written for children, so has really clear instructions, that is about my level.

Mrs Thrifty said...

Mmm given the current economic climate (if we are to believe what we are told), the cheap family meals would probably go down a storm. Glad the interviewing went well xx

Wannabe Sybil said...

I love cookbooks with stories to them. How about recipes that are made with the most love? The ones that have been passed on by people you love or that are connected with making for loved ones? I think that would be nice (and do a kindle version! lol!) WS xxx