Sunday 29 July 2012

Liquid gold

It's raining!  I can't say that I am sorry as I have been watering my friend's garden, and her water butts have run dry, so I am pleased to see some rain to get them filled up again, so that I can stop using the hose pipe to water her tomatoes, etc.

The rain also brings an end to the heat, and a little refreshment, which is welcome after a week of soaring temperatures.  We have enjoyed the warmth, and the gardens and chicken run have benefited from the dry weather, but the rain will be good for the runner beans in particular.


3 comments:

Arwedd said...

Must admit I prefered the sunshine, but we have to take it as it comes, don't we.

Arwedd xx

Lesley said...

I'm glad the book arrived safely. I hope you enjoy it!

Lesley x

Morgan said...

I'm all for sunshine, Arwedd - it was the scorching heat that I was getting bothered by; last Sunday we had sunshine and a breeze, and that was by far the best arrangement for me!

Glad to see you here again, hope you are well xx