Thursday 1 November 2012

All Saints

Southern aspect
(photo from www.ramptonchurch.org)

This is All Saints' Church, in Rampton, about 10 or so miles north of Cambridge.  It is my childhood church, the one I attended every Sunday from the earliest memories I have, right up until I was nearly 19 and leaving home to go to university.  We moved out of the village two years earlier, but still travelled down the hill to worship here.

Pulpit
(photo credit as above)

I remember many years of worship in this church, many traditions and much community spirit and love shared amongst the congregation there.  It wasn't a huge congregation all the time, it ebbed and flowed as they do, but there were some amazing characters there who I learned a lot from.  They were mostly older people, who had time to talk to a young girl, and share memories.

I no longer worship in the Church of England tradition, having moved over or out to Methodism now but I am very grateful that I have found another church home where I feel as welcome and as valued as I did back then.  The denomination may have changed, the building in which I worship has changed and the style of worship is incredibly different, but it is the same God, and He is worthy to be praised.  I like to think back and remember this old church on All Saints' Day, because that is remembered in its name.

No comments: