Tuesday 29 January 2013

Monday's meals

Instead of telling you what we plan to eat this week, I thought I would have a little fun and take photos of our evening meals instead.  They are not going to be special meals, just as it comes!

Last night, we had a vegetable risotto [arborio rice, beans, carrots, mushrooms, peppers, stock] to begin the meal which was one of our vegetarian meals this week as we are trying to cut back on the amount of meat we eat.


For pudding, I tried out Angela's Hot Swiss Trifle.  We don't often have a pudding but I wanted to have a go at making this.

I used a cheap Basic swiss roll, some raspberries I had in jars and some raspberry jam, a packet of quick mix custard [sorry, Angela!], and then the meringue over the top.  The EFG and the FH loved it, but the YFG wasn't keen.  I may do it again with some different flavours, but it was simple to make.

You can see that the oven I have is hotter on one side!


And that was yesterday's menu.


No comments: