Friday 1 February 2013

January saving success

(image from bbc.co.uk)

We did it - we hit the savings target for the month and squirrelled away £755.17 for our future.

It was a bit of a struggle towards the end of the month, but I am so pleased that it has been achieved.

I have started on February's savings by putting the £158 monthly Council Tax payment into the savings account: I budget for 12 payments, but of course we only make 10 to the council, so the other two are ready for the savings pot.  I have also added the £50 to the Travel Fund for the EFG's next School bus pass, which means we have made a good start on February's total.  £208 down, only £542 to go - and it is a shorter month, so it might be easier.

I will do the end of month analysis over the weekend, as I have to get going now - busy day ahead and the FH still in bed.  I had 90 minutes this morning in the EFG's bed, and it was bliss - I slept!

4 comments:

menopausalrunninggirl said...

Fantastic savings this month! We put by £300- a real struggle as it was such a long month! This month should be easier for us all I think. Is Feb and March our "free" months for Fenland's council tax? I can never remember!! Have a nice weekend- weather looks good for us on Sunday in the east xx

Morgan said...

They are indeed, Frantic - my favourite months of the year in that respect! Sunday looks beautiful - bright and clear - let's keep our fingers crossed it actually happens!

Fay McKenzie said...

Well done! How clever you are to manage to save so effectively and in January too!

Anonymous said...

Well done! I failed my not spending challenge in January!