Sunday 5 May 2013

And a day at home

Once we returned from chapel this morning, I spent the day at home, and it was bliss to know that that was that and I had nowhere to be and no need to go out again......

The FH started to walk home from chapel for some exercise, and he got more than he bargained for as I had to talk with someone, so I took a little longer to catch up with him in the car.  He was nearly home!  The walk did him some good though, and it was good to see him able to walk that far.

UJ came over for lunch, bringing asparagus and a cauliflower, both from his garden, which we ate with roast pork and the most crisp of crackling, roast potatoes, green beans and carrots, with apple sauce.  We were rather full after all that, and sat in the garden under the parasol, chatting for some time.  I pootled around the garden, watering seedlings, collecting eggs, hanging washing out in the sun, and then my Dad arrived for an afternoon visit, so we sat chatting some more!

This evening, we have watched some tv, I have knitted a little more of another hat, and I've downloaded a book onto the EFG's Kindle.  I'm not a great fan of the Kindle, but when the book is 77p if I read on the Kindle compared with £11.25 to buy an actual book, I'll get used to it!  I'm off to read the first couple of chapters now...

No comments: