Sunday 30 June 2013

Six month review

I can't believe that we are half way through the year already.  It feels like time is passing so quickly, and I haven't done half of what I had hoped to achieve by now, certainly with regards to the Faith&Worship course!

What I am astounded to find this morning is that my annual savings target is remarkably well on track....my aim was for £9000 to be saved this year, and that seemed pretty steep at the beginning of the year, with a target of £750 a month needing to be stashed away.  BUT, in the first five months of the year, with luck and a good wind behind us, we have achieved £4126, and that doesn't include June's savings, because I still have to sort out June!  What I thought we had managed to save in June may well be wiped out, so I will have to re-look and report back later on this month.

The best news of all is that the FH is in far better shape now than he was in January, and that is worth more than gold!  I said to him last night how pleased I was at how well he coped with the day yesterday - he spent the morning pottering in the workshop, putting a bed back together for me, and then he came to Ely with us and must have walked nearly a mile and a half, albeit at his own speed, and then he stood last night and did the washing up.  I think he slept very well last night after all that exercise, but the fact that he plodded through the day was an exceedingly good thing and just shows how much better he has been lately.  I have noticed an improvement since the cardioversion and he isn't getting the dizzy spells hardly at all now.

It looks like another fine and sunny day here today, which is just as well, as I have a load of washing ready to go out.  We will be at church this morning, then I have some gardening to do, and some books from school which I have brought home to catalogue - three boxes done last night and three more to do before I take them back in the morning...and we may have to cook some tea on the BBQ tonight just so we can say we have used it once this year - who knows when the next nice day will be?!

Have a lovely day xx

No comments: