Thursday 8 August 2013

Days out and glasses

We have sat round the supper table tonight and planned the rest of the holiday - and there isn't a lot left, if I am honest - once the girls have their birthdays, it will quickly be time for them to be off on their trip with Grandad, and the day after they return, we will all be off to the Norfolk coast for two nights, and then they are back to school - and the summer holiday will have passed by in a whirlwind yet again.

We have places to go, appointments to keep, friends to see, and things to do - so we are going to keep busy.  I am spreading the housework load whilst they are at home by letting them choose three chores each morning to do before we go out or start the day's activities.  They are doing them as well as they can, with minimal interference from me, and I am feeling very blessed to have their help.

The glasses part of the title refers to the fact that I am going to have to contact my optician in the morning as my eyesight is changing and my glasses are not doing me a lot of good all of the time.  I had to take them off tonight when we were eating as my supper was easier to see without them!

Tonight, rather late, I am making some beetroot chutney.  It should be finished about midnight....the FH helped me by grating the beetroot, peeling and chopping the carrots, and doing the onions, which made him cry!  All I have to do is cook and bottle it.  It is a very rich ruby red tonight, and hopefully I will be able to share some pictures of it for you tomorrow - and the recipe.

I'm off to do some ironing now until the chutney is cooked...

No comments: