Sunday 13 October 2013

Our Sunday in pictures

This morning, we waved the girls off with my cousin and her husband as they went out for the day:

(image from mkweb.co.uk)

Places like that are my idea of hell on earth, so I was very glad not to be going!

We went to chapel, a bit like this:

(image from telegraph.co.uk)

And when we came home, there was a phone call from UJ.  He has been at the caravan on the North Norfolk coast since Wednesday and I was very glad to hear that he hadn't been blown or washed away in the terrible weather!

Then it was time for one of these:

(Image from justrec.com)

And I actually had a sandwich as I tried out some "freefrom" white bread from Sainsbury's.  It's not the best in the world, but it is a meal and will be useful on the Aberystwyth trip next weekend.

We lit the fire this afternoon as it was chilly:

(image from classic.co.uk)

And we spent the whole afternoon sitting and chatting by the fire.  Without the tv.

The girls got home around 4.45pm and we had a cuppa with my cousin and her husband, whilst they showed us some photos of their recent wedding on the internet:

(image from eofdreams.com)

We were invited, but we didn't go to their wedding - we went to the first two...long story!

They left, and I popped some baked potatoes into the mini oven for our tea, and we caught up with the girls.

Tonight, we have watched some tv:

(image from bbc.co.uk)

(image from en.wikipedia.org)

I have done all the ironing and then I sat down with my knitting to watch Downton Abbey:

(image from telegraph.co.uk)

But I am finding Downton all a bit traumatic this series, aren't you?

I'm off to bed with a book now.........Hope you have had a good weekend.

1 comment:

rabbitquilter said...

Not enjoying Downton this series! I think they should wrap the stories up (the way we all want - happily!!) and finish. I was sorry when Larkrise ended, but it ended so nicely!!!! Hope Downton doesn't plod on for much longer and get silly!