Sunday 10 November 2013

Fades away

Flattened houses in coastal area of Tacloban - 10 November
(image from bbc.co.uk)

Whatever I was going to say tonight pales into insignificance against the news tonight that over 10,000 people have lost their lives in the Tacloban region of the Philippines after the recent typhoon.  Stood watching the news with tears in my eyes at the devastation.  People standing at the airport waiting for evacuation with nothing more than the clothes they stand up in.  Pregnant woman saying that all she hopes to do is survive today and not worry about tomorrow yet.  Puts life into perspective.

If you are at all able, there is a Red Cross donation page here
We have so much to be thankful for here tonight.

1 comment:

Lyssa Medana said...

Can I also recommend ShelterBox. I watched the news and donated.

http://www.shelterbox.org/

I am so grateful for our home tonight. WS xxx