Thursday 12 December 2013

Surprise...

You go out for a couple of hours, and you have no idea what the little monkeys are up to whilst you are out and the FH is supposed to be in charge.  And you come home to this:


You just can't be mad at them!  

The girls have made a lovely job of this.  My wee tree is having its 21st birthday this year and it is very thoroughly adorned with some vintage decorations which UJ brought from his loft.  The tree he brought will go up in the sitting room later on, probably at the weekend.

They put it up under the stairs in this wee nook, but there is no electricity there, so I have splurged a little and ordered a battery powered set of tree lights from the internet today for it.  The girls are pleased!



4 comments:

rabbitquilter said...

What a lovely thing that the girls did! The off-spring do surprise us sometimes!! How do you manage to find your bargains in a number of supermarkets with your busy life? I can only seem to do a dash around one supermarket. Why can't I make time to have a wander around different out of town shops?!!

Morgan said...

RQ - I visit different supermarkets on different days according to what other errands I am doing at the same time. Today, for example, I dash to Sainsbury's whilst the YFG has a piano lesson nearby and I have half an hour to do stuff. On Saturdays, I sometimes have the opportunity to get the odd thing from THAT supermarket that I can't get elsewhere, when we come out of Gymnastics. The vouchers are drawing me to Aldi more often now, and I am finding that I can get most things there very reasonably and of good quality so I am adjusting my plans and habits to buy more of our shopping there these days. Long may the vouchers continue, because they help to offset some of the extra mileage [it's a little extra but not huge amounts].
Today, whilst we were in town for the piano lesson, I hit Sainsbury's, the chook food shop and the library, making the trip well worth while!

rabbitquilter said...

Shall re-think my strategy in the New Year then! Difficult though as I have to take my Step-mother to Sainsbugs every Friday, she wouldn't entertain Aldi!!!!! Thank you and have a good weekend!

Morgan said...

You too, RQ! Lovely to have a chat :)