Wednesday 8 January 2014

Hardly comparable

I've just been online and found this image of what the last lot of storms has wreaked on Aberystwyth.

Destruction: A general view of the damaged promenade in Aberystwyth, Ceredigion. A major cleanup operation has started today in the Wales town
(image by Getty Images, from www.dailymail.co.uk)

It hardly seems possible that this is the same street that we photographed in October on a clear blue-sky day as we were leaving.  Other photos on the DM website show those windows on the left of my photo now boarded up - I am presuming that debris thrown up by the storm must have smashed them.


Just makes me think.

1 comment:

Angela said...

It is always so sad seeing photos of a spot you visited in sunny days after destruction has wreaked havoc. I have just been looking at the awful helicopter crash on Cley Marshes - we were there back in August. God comfort and strengthen all those who are suffering this winter