Monday 3 February 2014

Cooking show pictures


The chocolate medallions that the home economist team [EFG & I] made in advance.  Very simple: melted chocolate swirled onto greaseproof paper and then dotted with cherries, dried apricots, and crushed Smarties.  They only need to be chilled for about 20 minutes and then they can be peeled off the paper.  It is loosely based on a Woman's Weekly recipe.


These are goat's cheese tarts: the recipe called for all sorts of other ingredients which we didn't use in our modifications!  It was bought puff pastry, tomatoes and cheese, sprinkled with mixed herbs.  Once cooked, they were adorned with a mixture of watercress and rocket, and really looked very good.


These gorgeous jammy dodgers which the EFG made were just for the refreshment table but they were popular and the YFG was lucky to get just a couple when we got home!


And the mini bakewell bites - I think that these were what swung it for the winner!  They were made in a Pampered Chef mini muffin pan, and the EFG completely modified this recipe from one she found on the internet for a single large pie, so she did well.  

It was a great afternoon's entertainment and the total raised ended  up at £230 so the funds have had a good boost this last weekend.  I am sure that some of the other chapels in the circuit will be having a go at this as a fundraiser before too long!

7 comments:

Heleng said...

What a yummy selection of goodies, and a lovely amount of money raised.

Morgan said...

Thanks, Helen - and the sock pattern has been ordered today so I shall look forward to that arriving shortly. Prepare yourself to be bombarded with questions!!

rabbitquilter said...

this just isn't fair!! Diet started today and all those SCRUMMY cakes!!!! Well done for raising so much money, and having a good time doing it!! Good luck with the socks!! I have tried time and time again to master socks - and still haven't!! Will read with interest how you get on!! Hope everyone has recovered from flu now! X

Morgan said...

@RQ - thanks, the girls are on the mend but have been generous with the lurgy and I am suffering this morning - throat feels like razorblades!

SusanM said...

Poor you - we also seem to be going from lurgy to lurgy! Think the weather has a lot to do with it. Your girls are very creative and well done with the fundraising. I used to spend hours baking with my son for school coffee mornings. This weekend we will be baking beetroot and chocolate cake as an end of exams treat! We were in Aberdeen at the weekend and there were lots of students around. What a lovely place to be a student, and I thought of you. The uni campus is beautiful - my son has been there several times and the city is a nice size too.

Morgan said...

@MrsM - I see you have a new persona, I thought it might be you! Lovely to hear from you - glad you liked Aberdeen and hope the exams are going well. Sure we will be seeing you soon if she comes to Aberdeen...

SusanM said...

Sorry I should have said I've changed to SusanM. Sue from Our New Life in the Country said it was causing a lot of confusion having 2 Sues following the same blogs and leaving comments, so I said I would change my name. My son still has a couple of years in school before hoping to go to Aberdeen.