Monday 12 May 2014

Another hiccup

Ladies who wanted the knitting pattern for the hats should find that it has just landed in their inboxes.  Anyone else who wants it needs to send me a comment with an email address so I can send it to you.

News of the day today is that the FH appears to have a DVT in his left leg........the doctor took some blood this morning and it came back tonight positive, with a score of 400+ indicating the likelihood of a blood clot, so we have to go for an ultrasound scan ASAP to have it confirmed.  The doctor came round tonight with the first of a series of injections, and instructed me on how to administer them daily.

I noticed this morning that the occasional swelling that the FH has in his left foot, which he continually puts down to the gout, had in fact affected the whole of his left leg, which was noticeably larger than his right leg.  I managed to get him to the doctor before they closed the morning surgery, which was very lucky, and the doctor has been fabulous today.  The FH has been very worried that he would have to be admitted again, but it seems not at this point.

Ironing now, and some Keeping Up with the Joneses on the Community Channel to keep me occupied for half an hour!  I have become fascinated with this and watch it occasionally - the whole remoteness of their situation is what has gripped my attention - interesting lessons to learn for if I ever get my remote and rural house in the back of Scotland's beyond, even if the territory would present completely different challenges!

7 comments:

veeknits19 said...

Many thanks for the hat pattern, I'm looking forward to trying it out.
So glad you got FH to the doctor this morning and that they have started treatment. Thinking about you all, best wishes, Vee x

Angela said...

Thoughts and prayers with you and FH - hope the DVD sorted soon xx Very disturbed to see my word verification for this comment is "dysentery" - hope that isn't afflciting you!!!

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Morgan said...

Thank you both - we are waiting to hear about the clinic appointment for today or tomorrow xx

Lyssa Medana said...

Praying for FH - it is a worry. Take care WS xxx

Sue in Suffolk said...

keeping everything crossed that things go OK for you.

rabbitquilter said...

Hope all is ok with you all, fingers crossed X