Friday 2 May 2014

Splashing it around

(image from amazon.co.uk)

Having been at the chapel for the morning to serve tea and coffee to the Knit and Natter ladies, I came home at lunchtime to find the kitchen clock on the counter and a faint smell in the air.  It took me a few moments to realise that the FH had been splashing some emulsion around - he had painted some of the kitchen ceiling.  Some of it, because he hadn't thought it was a good idea to go up a stepladder whilst he was here alone, so he had just done those parts he could reach with a roller on a broomstick, which was most of it.  At the weekend, the YFG and I will de-cobweb the cornice and paint the bits round the edges.  He did a good job, and it was his morning's work.  He retired to bed with a puzzle this afternoon whilst I went to the tooth inspector - she has decreed that a filling is necessary, but not until June, so I have time to save up!

And so another Bank Holiday weekend is upon us - the girls are looking at Monday as a day to catch up on their homework, and the best bit for me at the moment is that I don't have to have the school uniform ready for Monday this weekend, so I have a wee bit more leeway.  I am hoping to spend some time on the kitchen and have it sorted in the extra day.  But then I also need to get some gardening done...decisions!


1 comment:

veeknits19 said...

Well done FH for painting & not venturing up the stepladder while on his own. The kitchen is really coming together, isn't it? Somehow there is always "stuff" to be done isn't there? Hope you enjoy the long weekend & get some time to just relax, Vee x