Wednesday 13 August 2014

Happy Birthday YFG!

Yes, our "baby" of the family is 15 today, and she's had a friend round for a sleepover last night, when they made a very wickedly indulgent chocolate cake, and this afternoon I am taking her and another friend to the cinema, before they go to MacDonalds [yuk, but she likes it for a treat!].

The first birthday without the FH, and we are getting there - there are going to be a lot of "firsts" and it's the Christmas one that I am most worried about, I have to say.  But he was not that excited by Christmas himself, and hadn't got a lot of interest in it, so perhaps it won't be so bad.  I have had a lovely letter from another beekeeper's widow this week - her husband died just a week or so before the FH and we both imagine them together, talking bees wherever they are.

The EFG has a bad back this afternoon so my sister has been recruited to take her to the doctor whilst I am on the cinema run - it was most unusual to be able to get an afternoon appointment at our surgery where the girls and I go, so I had to say thank you quickly and then work out how I would get her there and keep the YFG happy at the same time!  Luckily my sister lives close to the doctor's and is working from home today so she will help out.  We've started on the paracetamol and I can get the heat lamp out if necessary later.

Hope you are all having a good Wednesday xx




4 comments:

rabbitquilter said...

Sending best wishes to YFG for a Happy Birthday X. Also hope EFG back problem eases soon. Am not leaving you out, so love to you!!!! X

SusanM said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY xxx

Sue in Suffolk said...

A Happy Birthday wish to your youngest from here in Suffolk.
And hope the eldests back is better asap.
Enjoy MacD!

Lyssa Medana said...

Happy Birthday to the YFG and hugs and good wishes to the EFG. WS xxx