Wednesday 29 October 2014

Weary travellers

Although the travellers were in the flat in Peterculter by 5.30pm last night, they are pretty worn out this morning, by all accounts!  My sister drove all the way so it was no surprise to hear from the YFG that Sis woke up at about 9.30am this morning.....If I had driven that distance, I don't think they'd have seen me until lunchtime.

They went out for a meal with the EFG last night, and plan to meet up with her again today after her lecture, and hit the shops this afternoon.  Good job I have given the YFG a little pocket money!

I spent some time yesterday evening with my friend whose son died on Saturday.  She is ever so slightly sedated, and not herself at all, as you might imagine, after a trauma of this magnitude. I just sat with her, hugged her, and listened to her.  There wasn't a lot more I could do, although I did leave our funeral director's number with her partner, as they were so brilliant for us in the summer and I know that they would deal with this sensitively and with the greatest level of care.  Lots of prayers will be going her way, and I know that most of the village has been thinking of her - the lawn in the front of her house was a little sea of flowers and candles last night.

Here, my time is quite peaceful.  I have been awake since just before 8am and been busy getting things crossed off the housework list, before I start work in a few minutes. I have two services to prepare for Sunday, although I am recycling one in a sort of variation for the evening service I am taking in the north of the circuit.  It still needs work on it though, and I hope to get some work done on those this afternoon.

Today will be a no spend day, like yesterday - the village shop and post office is shut for refurbishment and I have no plans to leave the village today at all, so a quiet, home-based day is on the cards.  Might even start a new knitting project later!




2 comments:

sweet blondie blue eyes said...

Pleased to hear the travellers arrived safely. That is not a journey I would have wanted to do in one go. It was bad enough going up from Edinburgh to Aberdeen. Glad to hear you are taking some time for yourself.

rabbitquilter said...

I am sure you are a great comfort to your friend during such a sad time for her and the family. Glad all is well in Scotland!! You sound as if you are doing well with preparation work, it is nice to be organised sometimes!!! X