Thursday 1 January 2015

First steps

We've had an interesting kind of day - a long lie in to begin with was a good start!  

UJ was here for a lovely turkey lunch; I put the turkey thigh joint in the slow cooker just before 1am and it was perfectly falling off the bone by 1pm - it probably didn't need quite that long but it was delicious. A £4.50 joint fed four of us very generously today and there is plenty left for the three of us tomorrow.  That sounds like good value to me.  

(image from groceries.morrisons.com)

UJ stayed until later in the evening, and helped out with the Christmas jigsaw - it is a very slow process, but we are plugging away at it.  The girls have been watching the EFG's boxset of Modern Family and reached the end tonight - what a relief!

(image from en.wikipedia.org)

I've been pottering about, chatting with a friend via text, tidying my desk up ready for the work to begin again tomorrow, and doing some more decluttering.  We have sorted out over 390 items already and I am looking forward to another run to the charity shops tomorrow afternoon when I have to take the YFG to an appointment.  

Thanks for all your comments and support this Christmas.

First day of the new year has been a good one - I feel ready for 2015!  




No comments: