Friday 23 January 2015

Getting out

The YFG was tentatively promised fish and chips on her liberation from hospital last Friday, but it has taken me a week to actually get them for her!  After a very quiet week at home, we ventured out this evening, partly for some exercise, and partly for the fish and chips.  There is a brilliant local fish shop where we can get a portion of lovely "chish and fips" for just £4, which is not bad.  I think she deserved the treat after all the pain she has been through these past two weeks - and that is all she has asked for.

So where to take a slightly weary teenager to get a decent walk but keep warm and not be under any pressure?  I thought I'd hedge my bets, and I took her to Tesco!  I know, I know - but it made sense really!  She could walk a decent distance, leaning on a trolley, in the warm, and we could get her fish and chips on the way home.  We had to buy her another pair of school trousers for next week's return to school as the current pair have an awkward waistband which would have rubbed against her wound and been very uncomfortable.  We were very lucky to find a relatively cheap pair, which I will have to just shorten a little over the weekend.  Apart from that, we just picked up a few odd items, but I made her walk the full length of most of the aisles!  I also had a lovely chat with an assistant in the clothing department whilst the YFG was trying on the trousers.  The walk worked and the YFG retired to bed early tonight, slightly weary.  I am more than a little concerned about how she will manage school again next week, but if the weather perks up a little, we will have to try a few more local walks around the estate this weekend.

My Dad and MB came over to see us this afternoon, which was a nice surprise.  We also had the EFG on Skype whilst they were here so they could have a quick chat with her too. At 84, Dad is not bad with technology - we had him playing Freeflow on my tablet when he was here at Christmas and he quite enjoyed it!

So, a weekend at home is on the cards.  No gym this weekend as I have told the folks that I have to prioritise the YFG's recovery, and no church service to prepare.  I am hoping to get another unit of Faith & Worship completed and lots of rest is also on the agenda.  Not too much of anything else at all.  Hope you all have a good weekend - and keep warm xxx






6 comments:

veeknits19 said...

Have a good weekend. Well done to YFG, and hope school goes OK. The supportive element of leaning on the shoppping trolley works well for first outings, I've done it myself several times! Vee xx

Bridget said...

Glad your daughters recovering. It's amazing how quickly the body heals. Hope you get a few walks and have a peaceful weekend x

Sue in Suffolk said...

It's a good job you and the YFG can go round a supermarket without buying! I'm glad to hear she is getting better, it's difficult missing school at that age - not the lessons but their friends and the gossip!

Meanqueen said...

That's a very good price for fish and chips. £5.50 round here. Best wishes to your daughter.

Morgan said...

Thanks, all! Yes, the price of the fish and chips is very good, and the portions is very generous. The chickens have helped out with the leftover chips and the cat enjoyed the last of the fish, taken out of the batter this morning. The portion was a little large for her recuperating tummy!

Morgan said...

Grammar in that last comment wasn't brilliant - typo there! The portions in that chippy ARE very generous!