Thursday 5 February 2015

A good start

I've made a cracking start to the challenge by finding a £20 note in my purse, in a section I don't often use, so that is very handy!

I was in town this lunchtime for some errands, and I bought myself a lovely 99p tin to use to pop all my change into. I did this a few years ago when we were going on holiday to Bridlington - I ended up with about £140 and enough to pay for all our treats, outings and food whilst we were away.  This time, I am going to put all my egg money in it, as the chooks will be laying again in abundance shortly and I shall have a few regular customers for eggs.  All the pounds help!


(image from ebay.co.uk)


I did laugh to myself though, as the tin is a child's one, themed for the "Frozen" movie - which I haven't seen - and Ella in the movie has a song which seems to be centred around the line, "Let it go!" which is the exact opposite of what I shall be doing with the dosh in the tin!  Considering that someone is charging £5.99 for these on eBay, I think I scored a bargain there.

I also took some time this morning to create a baseline spreadsheet, which I have used before, to monitor my savings.  Things wax and wane, but as long as the overall total heads upwards, I shall be happy.  I aim to be £5000 better off at the end of the year than I am today......and the spreadsheet I found on the computer and used to re-jig for this year is the very one I used in 2012 and 2013, which meant that I could see which months were good for boosting the coffers and which were the worst drains on the finances.  Watching patterns helps.

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

fingers, toes and everything else crossed that you succeed....