Thursday 19 March 2015

Alternative birthday treats

My stepson is partial to a good curry, and when he and the FH did some work in Dundee years ago, it was the highlight of the day to go from their digs to a local curry house for the all-you-can-eat buffet.


The EFG thought that she and her friends could have a curry last night in his honour, since he wouldn't be able to partake himself.  They went to a curry house in Aberdeen and the EFG sent me a photo of her dinner - Haryanvi Saag Aloo - which she said was onion, spinach and potato. She enjoyed it with butter naan.  It was possibly the most expensive dish of curried vegetables I have ever encountered, at £8.99, and would have Elaine over at MFin3 appalled, I am sure!  They had a great evening though, and it also fitted in with her new vegetarian tendencies.  The Easter holidays are set to be interesting.

However, personally, I think I would stick with the cakes in the last post as a birthday treat.  I'm not going to mention what I think of curry...

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

not a fan of curries at all too spicy and hot for me. Everyone else in the family loves them though, even baby Nora!!