Sunday 1 March 2015

Pausing Again

A Pause in Lent Floss
(image from angalmond.blogspot.com)

Joining in with Ang over at Tracing Rainbows for this week's A Pause in Lent

This week, we were fortunate enough to have the new chair of the Methodist District here for the service this morning.  He arrived in Norwich from Yorkshire last autumn and seems to be settling in, with his family.  

His talk in the service resonated with me - he talked about identity, and how we can reflect during Lent upon who we are.  We can think about how being Christians impacts on our lives, and how it changes us.  I'm not going to replicate his sermon word for word, but I do think it would be useful to take a few minutes to consider, each one of us, what being a Christian means to us, and how our lives reflect our beliefs. Challenging ourselves to just stop and consider how others see us is a good way to reflect upon whether our lives really do show others what we believe.  We might come to the conclusion that there are a few changes we would benefit from making during this time of reflection and prayer.




2 comments:

magsmcc said...

I had a friend here this evening who isn't (yet) a Christian, but is very interested therein. I found myself, mid-moan, thinking what on earth she must think of my faith. You are very right to challenge us thus!

Unknown said...

Good challenge