Monday 30 March 2015

Tonight's tv

From my earliest memories, some of the greatest films I have watched have been based on biblical stories.  The film making may not have been the best, the stories may have been tweaked a little, and the acting may have been just a little wooden in places, but they are memorable stories.  Charlton Heston in The Ten Commandments leaps in to my thoughts straight away, for example.  

(image from bbc.co.uk)

Tonight, we are offered Noah's Ark on the BBC. A made-for-tv film, it has been advertised on the tv for a few weeks now.  I thought it was going to be a new series the first time the ad came out, and then I gradually realised that it was a film.  I know already that there have been some tweaks - a fourth son, for example!  But I am going to watch, nevertheless.  It is a sad reflection, though, of the low importance of religious broadcasting that this is scheduled for 8.30pm on a Monday night.  It would have been more impressive to have been able to put it out last night, on Sunday, when a bigger proportion of the community might have been watching...



1 comment:

Bridget said...

I'm hoping to V+ this and sit down and watch it as a family so I can explain aspects that my boys don't understand to them. You're right it is a shame it's not put on at a better time/day. I really hope that it's as good as it's being made out to be and doesn't stray away for effect.