Wednesday 23 September 2015

Childish glee

You know when a child is all excited about something and can't stop bouncing around and telling you about it?  I feel a bit that way inclined tonight.....

UJ has brought me a reconditioned petrol lawn mower for my acreage - and he cut it all in less than an hour this afternoon - ALL of it!  What used to take me approaching three hours with the electric Flymo, he has whisked through in under an hour.  I would have taken a photo but it was dark when I got home so that will have to wait - but it is rather a spiffing red colour and looks just the ticket. Can't wait for the flipping grass to grow again so I can have a go, but he did leave the little bit of front lawn so I can have a quick whizz around that if the weather stays fine tomorrow.

And the best bit? The mower was £40, and my dad has bought it for me!  My birthday next week, so I should think it will be my present - couldn't think of anything better.

6 comments:

Cheapchick said...

I think the very best presents are those that make your life better - so nice of your Dad to buy it for you

Mimi said...

Morgan, the simple pleasures in life are so often, the best. I love your joy in your new old lawnmower. Love, Mimi xxx

Sooze said...

That's so nice Morgan, you have some lovely supportive people in your life.

Dc said...

How wonderful. Hope you enjoy using it!

veeknits19 said...

What a great present, have fun using it & enjoy the time it will save you! Vee x

Angela said...

one girl went to mow...
have fun!