Friday 1 January 2016

Happy New Year!

Despite celebrations being cancelled around Europe because of terror threats, the London fireworks have just blasted off [and yes, there is a small part of me that wonders how much food could have been bought for the food banks or blankets for desperate refugees for example with that money, but it is also a poke in the eye for the terrorists that it went ahead, so I'll overlook that this year!] and we are sitting here watching Bryan Adams blast out some rock music!  Neighbours are letting off fireworks here too.

The EFG is knitting a monster from a kit that she was given last Christmas and thought she ought to have a bash at - she's making a good fist of it and is just stuffing it and sewing the last seams closed.  I have had an evening attacking my first sock knitting project with some gusto - I have had to frog it back a couple of times over the last few days, but I have turned the heel and I am decreasing along the gussets now, so I hope that it is going to continue in the right direction and be finished soon. In the interest of not getting second-sock-itis, I have knitted the second one first :)

I haven't had too much time to get the new year's budget or resolutions sorted out this week, so I might spend some time in thought over the weekend......  I hope you are ready for a cracking year, and wish you all the best for 2016.  I've got all those flooded-out folk in my prayers, and know that you will join me in wishing them a drier year ahead when they get all the damage sorted out - it is terrible that the same properties keep getting flooded, so I am praying for some respite from this dire weather.


4 comments:

rabbitquilter said...

Wishing you and the girls a very Happy, healthy and peaceful New Year! With much love XXX

Bless said...

Happy New Year to you and your daughters.

SusanM said...

Happy and healthy New Year to you all and to all your readers too x

Mrs. Mac said...

Cheers to the New Year. May God grant you peace, love, joy and health.