Friday 29 January 2016

Nearly the end of the month

I wonder if you get this too, but since it is nearly the end of the month and folk are getting their salary paid into their bank account, I am getting a few emails with "tempting" offers to splurge on all kinds of things from The Book People to clothing companies, Lakeland and everything in between.

However, I am not being tempted - I have got bills coming in from all directions at the moment: the car is in the garage today for work to the tracking and possibly the suspension as well; the chimney is going to get sorted out this next month, and I have no idea how much that will cost, but it must be done, so I need to be careful.

Good news is that there is no council tax to pay in February and March, so that payment can be put towards other bills, and that helps a little.

I wanted to share a website that I have just come across through a Facebook page I joined. This lady, Miki, has a recipe blog, and she spends only about £30 a week to feed herself and her partner, as well as doing evening meals for older relatives each night - so I think she's doing pretty well.  I've had a quick look through the blog and will be adding it to my blogroll, and her Lentil cottage pie with sweet potato mash is on the menu here tonight as I have got everything in the house to make this for the girls.  I shall be doing some of the other ones from here as well, and I do hope she adds more!

Blogger Jack Monroe has become vegan and she has been sharing some more interesting recipes lately, but since many of them are curries, I am afraid that I shan't be indulging as I don't really like curry!  However, the two EF girls are mad keen, so I shall possibly be trying one or two recipes out on them.

No comments: