Monday 4 January 2016

Quite a night

I collapsed into bed at 4pm yesterday afternoon and here I am just emerging, freshly showered though, just over 18 hours later.  I felt increasingly tired until just after I served our meal, and then I just had to give up and go to bed.  I was sweating and shivering, dreaming about the filthiest holiday cottage I have ever seen, and then there was something weird which went on for quite some time about bagging up sleep and only being allowed to put an hour's worth in each bag........I ran out of bags!

I still feel a bit queer this morning but nowhere near as bad as last night so I am taking the day slowly. A load of washing has just gone in the machine and I am sitting here with a cup of tea.  My two girls are in York for the day, and so it is just the Danish girl and I at home. She is busy catching up on homework ready for school tomorrow, so it is quiet - just perfect!

I hope your start to 2016 has been healthier than mine!  Here's to a happy, frugal, 2016 for us all xxx

7 comments:

SusanM said...

Poor you, take it easy; too many bugs around just now. Tell EFG to bring her waterproofs up to the north. Lots and lots of rain and some of the smaller roads are closed due to flooding. We were in Aberdeen last week; we don't go in very often so it was nice to visit. It's a nice size of city and very friendly. Does your daughter ever go to the Belmont Cinema? We love it because it's small and cosy x

Morgan said...

Yes, SusanM, she has a really good waterproof coat which is already up there, thank goodness! She does go to a cinema now and again but I don't know which one, beyond that it is the one which gives them a very good student price - quite cheap indeed, I think. I shall ask when they get back from York. I love Aberdeen too, and I am really pleased that she is getting on well there.

Lyssa Medana said...

Sending hugs - sometimes you just run out of 'go'. Don't forget to count your spoons and leave enough for you!!! Hope you feel better soon. x

veeknits19 said...

Hoping you soon feel much better, sounds like you really needed that rest. All good wishes for 2016, Vee xx :)

Heleng said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick; I have a sore throat myself. So many bugs going round at this time of year. Glad you're feeling a bit better...and getting some peace and quiet. Belated Happy New Year, love Helen xx

Sandra Ann said...

Blimey your delirious cottage stay and bag handling sounded horrendous. Hubby currently has an awful virus which means a deterioration in MS symptoms and B has very unstable diabetes, so I am running the cottage hospital round the clock at the moment. Looking forward to catching up on some sleep before too long :-)

Hope you are feeling better soon x

Bless said...

Hope you feel better soon. Rest and take it easy.